Are you interested in Contributing content to Anything But Ordinary? Please take a moment to consider the guidelines below. If what you have to offer seems to fit, organize your thoughts, and submit your work! Special consideration is given to Oklahoma artists.
- Text-based articles should be 250-350 words in length. Longer articles which can be broken into multiple parts (i.e. series) will also be considered.
- While we will do our part to play editor, please do your best to provide clean copy. This means your submission should contain proper grammar, correct spelling, and a cohesive thought.
- Images should be included unless other arrangements have been made with Anything But Ordinary.
- Image-based submissions should include 8-10 images and a 50-100 words to accompany the images.
When contributing, include the category of article you wish to submit. The following is a brief listing of the type of work we prefer.
- Business – Posts about the photography industry including models, clients, and other talent. Submissions should focus on professionalism, encouragement, and raising the bar.
- Industry – Focus on the photography industry as a whole. This includes event coverage, call to action, or helpful advice.
- Inspiration – Posts that encourage and empower others. Responses to such posts, so long as they are positive and provide a different point of view, are also welcome.
- Interview – Conversations with a variety of individuals are welcome. Let us know who your favorite talent is and help us get to know them better, too.
- Oklahoma – As an Oklahoma-based site, positive musings on this great state can find a home here. Tell us what makes Oklahoma stand out.
- Session – Behind the scenes details or galleries of recent shoots. Give a glimpse at your work and a peek at your process. We also enjoy sharing your finished results all on their own (but we will ask for a few words)!